Quality management system is an indispensable part for businesses to operate and develop sustainably. Quality management systems are set up to control both production and business processes to ensure they work smoothly, creating products of uniform quality and a basis for continuous improvement.
What is the quality management system?
Quality management system (QMS) is a tool to help businesses control activities to achieve goals and sustainable development through components and factors such as policies and procedures. , processes, organizational structure, resources, innovation ... and it focuses on responding to customer requirements and improving their satisfaction. QMS allows organizations to identify, measure, control and improve the processes of various core business activities and ultimately lead to improved business performance.
There are many ways to build a quality management system in an organization depending on its size, capabilities and status. Many organizations now build quality management systems based on the ISO 9000 series.
Elements of a quality management system
- Quality policy and quality objectives
- Quality Manual
- Organizational structure, functions and mission
- Processes, procedures, instructions for controlling activities
- Data management, records
- Customer satisfaction from product quality
- Opportunities for improvement
- Measurement & reporting system
Benefits of quality management systems
- Lowering the cost
When applied consistently, through continual improvement of the quality management system can reduce costs throughout the organization, by eliminating redundant actions, making full use of resources and management systems. Quality control ensures the delivery of products with good quality and uniformity to customers significantly reducing operation cost.
- Customer satisfaction
In addition to controlling products to maintain consistent quality, a long-term benefit of a quality management system is to always recognize, measure customer satisfaction and feedback, which is the basis of price suitability of the product to the needs of the market as a basis of improving and developing products and services better.
- Organizational development
One of the benefits of the Management System is that improving the organization is helping to improve the company's culture by training all employees on quality and making quality a concern to everyone. In addition to focusing on product quality to prevent mistakes in manufacturing quality management system products, it also focuses on developing a teamwork spirit that leads to the formation of multi-functional interdisciplinary teams.
Set up a text system as required by ISO 9001
- Assessing the current system to make an implementation program
- Setting quality policies & goals
- Setting up a quality manual
- Establishing organizational structure, functions and mission
- Planning the structure of the document system
- Establishing a process for controlling product creation processes
- Establishing procedures to support control & maintenance of the system
- Setting up a system to control data, records and reports
- Quality awareness training
- Training knowledge about ISO-9001
- Training internal assessment methods
- Training to approach the new system
- Instructions for operating documents and monitoring measurement
Evaluate the effectiveness of application and adjustment
- Check, evaluate and monitor the effectiveness of the system
- Analysis to provide solutions to overcome, prevent and propose improvements