Quality management system is an indispensable part for businesses to operate and develop sustainably. The quality management system is set up to control both business operations and production processes to ensure that they operate smoothly, creating products of with a consistent quality requirement and basis continuous improvement.
What is the quality management system?
Quality management system (QMS) is a system of business processes, procedures and policies that focus on meeting customer requirements and improving their satisfaction. QMS allows organizations to identify, measure, control and improve different core business processes and ultimately lead to improved business performance.
There are many methods of building a quality management system within an organization depending on the size, ability and status of the organization. Currently many organizations build quality management systems based on ISO 9000.
Elements of a quality management system
- Quality policy and quality objectives of the business
- Quality manual
- Procedures, instructions and records
- Data management
- Internal process
- Customer satisfaction from product quality
- Improvement opportunities
- Quality analysis
Benefits of TQM quality management system system
- Lowering the cost
When applied consistently, the TQM quality management system can reduce costs throughout the organization, by eliminating redundant actions, making the most of resources. Quality management system to ensure the best products to customers significantly reduce insurance and customer care costs.
- Customer satisfaction
A long-term benefit of quality management system related to customer satisfaction. TQM offers a measure that fits customers' wishes and ensures the quality of products / services that meet their requirements.
- Organizational development
One of the benefits of the Management System is organizational improvement. TQM helps improve company culture by training all employees in quality and making quality a concern for everyone. The focus on product quality prevents mistakes in product manufacturing. TQM also focuses on developing teamwork spirit leading to the formation of multi-functional inter-team groups.
- Plan and build a quality management system for a business
Set up a text system as required by ISO 9001
- Evaluate the current system to make strategies and programs
- Review & set up quality policy
- Setting up a quality manual
- Set up support programs for the system
- Planning the structure of the document system
- Establish process to control product creation processes
- Establish process to support system control & maintenance
- Training on quality awareness
- Training on knowledge of ISO-9001
- Training internal assessment methods
- Instructions for applying materials & assessment tools application
Evaluate the effectiveness of application and adjustment
- Check, evaluate and monitor the effectiveness of the system
- Analysis to provide solutions to overcome, prevent and propose improvements